Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1568 vs 1569?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    1568 vs 1569?

    I have an offer to pick up a pair of these, tubes (new or old, tested good) included for $600. Which would you choose and why?

    Power output?

    Sound quality?

    Retained value?

    Simpler circuit/ease of maintenance?

    Rarity?

    Other?

    TIA.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 1568 vs 1569?

    Both sound EXCELLENT - better than the McIntosh's of the same era, IMO.

    The 1568A has an out put of 30-watts, the 1569A is twice that.

    I'd go with the 1569's for full-range use, or the 68's for HF use and the 69's for LF use in a biamplified system.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1568 vs 1569?

    Hey Analog,

    So you get to choose from both?

    Let me know which ones you didn't get..... I would be interested in the others as well..

    Thanks,


    -chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1568 vs 1569?

    I would take the 1569A?s. They will have plenty of power for any Altec even with the outputs triode strapped which is what I would try if I owned a pair. Might take a bit of work to get it right but is probably worth the trouble to do.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    1568 vs 1569?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 1568 vs 1569?

    Just rubber stamp what Marty said for me.

    Sore would be nice to have both sets in a biamp setup...

    I fantasize about 2 redheads too...even though I can barely survive one...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1568 vs 1569?

    Got 'em! Fellow had 3 pair on the block, but there were already other people in line for any leftovers. I think the others went to a couple of AK'ers, one of which I know hangs out here. I'll let him pipe up if he wishes. Anyway, my brother drove them back to NC, and I'll pick them up tomorrow. Pix to follow......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.